Cello Wim Plast Ltd, a Cello Group company was incorporated on 7th October, 1988.
In 1994, the company ventured into manufacturing of elegant, versatile and durable plastic molded furniture, made from special grade plastic and state-of-the-art moulds from Italy.
In 2005-06 turning to innovation in the field of Extrusion Technology, Cello Wim Plast set up processing of Bubble Guard Sheets with the most sophisticated manufacturing technology from Italy. Bubble Guard Sheets have wide applications for interior, display, packaging and construction
In 2015 Cello Wim Plast launched Tools & Dies Company to service the automobile industry and has leading Indian automobile brands as its clients. It also has JV with one of the world’s leading moulds manufacturing company ‘Moldetipo’ from Portugal and Moldetipo’s clients are Porsche, Rolls Royce, Audi, Mercedes Benz and BMW
In 2016 Cello Wim Plast launched Air Coolers range. In its first year it launched complete range of desert, window & personal coolers. It leveraged its background in high quality plastics to bring sturdy yet light weight air coolers, with engineering quality polymer body, ‘Turbo Cool’ power cooling, remote controlled digital operations, humidity control and international design aesthetics
Cello Wim Plast has spearheaded the modernization of Indian plastic industry with many technology advancements. It has a huge manufacturing base and has factories in all 4 zones in India. Cello has always invested in the latest technology available in the world. And the world acknowledges Cello’s outstanding quality, no wonder over millions of families in India and around the world trust Cello.
Leaders scripting Cello growth story
SHRI GHISULAL RATHOD – CHAIRMAN started from a small shed in Mumbai, manufacturing plastic bangles and PVC footwear. And even today is the guiding force for the group
Shri Pradeep Ghisulal Rathod is the Managing Director & Shri Pankaj Ghisulal Rathod is the Joint Managing Director. Both entered family business at a young age and forayed into making Thermoware Products from a small factory in Mumbai. They started with seven machines and sixty workers and today the company has over 550 sophisticated machines, 3500 employees and a group company turnover of over INR 1500 Crores. And today Cello is spread across following categories; Houseware, Thermoware, Stainless Steel, Opalware, Glassware, Melamine, Molded Furniture, Kitchen Appliances, Air Coolers, Cleaning products, Tools & Dies and Bubble Guard Sheets.
Awards and Achievements
The brand ‘Cello’ is one of the most recognized consumer brands in India as per Super Brands India and has been awarded ‘The Readers Digest Trusted Brand Asia’ for six years in succession. Cello also has a well-established overseas network in over sixty-five countries and has been awarded the prestigious ‘Plexconcil Award for NO.1’ outstanding performance, fifteen times in a row.
Key strengths of Brand Cello:
- One of the key aspects of Cello’s growth has been their product quality, in an unorganized market with host of low quality houseware products; Cello manufactures a range of houseware products made from hi quality hygienic material
- Cello has always invested in latest worldwide technology available and manufactures a range of house ware products made from hi quality hygienic plastic, melamine, steel & opal glass with superior performance
- Quality of moulds is extremely essential for product quality, hygiene & finish and Cello has always invested in world class moulds
- Cello’s has a huge manufacturing scale with factories across India
- Cello’s category expertise and consumer knowledge, company is constantly innovating & launching new superior
- And has a strong consumer brand